Monday, November 06, 2006

Example Sentences for Lesson 3: Part 2 of 2

This post is part two of the example sentences for lesson three. I will continue to have the vocabulary for the example sentences at the top of this post like in the first part.

Nouns:
剣 けん Sword 
-- ドア Door
先生 せんせい Teacher
道場 どうじょう Dojo
戦士 せんし Warrior
八時 はちじ Eight o'clock
十一時 じゅういちじ Eleven o'clock
森 もり Forest
砂漠 さばく Desert

Intransitive Verbs:
開く あく To open
光る ひかる To shine
行く いく To go

Transitive Verbs:
開ける あける To open

I will show some example sentences that show the uses of の.

戦士の剣は光る。
せんしのけんはひかる。
The warrior's sword shines.

剣の先生は道場のドアを開ける。
けんのせんせいはどうじょうのドアをあける。
The sword teacher opens the dojo's door.

I will show some example sentences for the time marking usage of に.

ドアは八時に開きます。
ドアははちじにあきます。
The door will open at eight o'clock.

戦士は十一時に行く。
せんしはじゅういちじにいく。
The warrior will go at eleven o'clock.

I will cover the usage of に for marking the location of the action of the few verbs in a later lesson.

I will now show some example sentences for the destination marking usage of に, and the usage of へ. For the ease of reading, I have only used に in the next example sentences, but you can replace all of the に's with へ's.


私は森に行きます。
わたしはもりにいきます。

I will go to the forest.

戦士は砂漠に行く。
せんしはさばくにいく。
The warrior will go to the desert.

That covers all of the particles from lesson three.

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this blog is great! It's an excellent idea and I know I'll make sure to come back often and check for updates! Thanks for putting in the effort. What a cool way to study Japanese!

Ever since the 8 bit era I've wanted to play those exclusive Japanese RPGs. I live and work in Japan now and I study every day. Getting the vocabulary found so often in oldschool RPGs from your site is really great though! Keep up the great work!